Tuesday, July 1, 2025

Evening by the Sea: A Poem

To be the calm inside

a shell as you hold it close

to your ear - the hush

that steals you away, breathing

stillness into the careworn

chambers of your heart.

Or perhaps to be the coral blush

within - so like a sunset - 

that could guide your sight

and your mind to softer thoughts.

Could I be even that much

for you?


You try to hide 

your grimace as you resist 

the tide that sighs

Everything is lost, everything

flies away from you.

The pearls in your eyes

tell me you almost believe this.


Take me in your hands like a shell. Look

Listen. Stand on this shore, stay

in this moment with me when

your deepest desires don't have to speak

in whispers anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back! What's Happening?

      Hi, readers! It's been way too long since I last posted here. But I'm back again to tell you that Two-tone Tales is still aliv...